Tuesday, May 10, 2016

UPFRONTS 2016: What FOX Will Do

Here's my FOX prediction! Check out my suggestion for FOX.

Past FOX predictions: 2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 Gotham
9:00 Lucifer
I'm not convinced this is the right move but I think FOX will keep their Monday lineup in tact after they were a successful pair in the spring. It could be worse but I still think is is a possible place to launch a new drama.

TUESDAYS
8:00 New Girl
8:30 THE MICK
9:00 Scream Queens
Another "I'm not sure this is the right move but..." situation. I think FOX will keep Scream Queens at 9pm Tuesdays despite its struggles this season. New Girl seems to have solidified its ability to start the night off this spring while all accounts have The Mick as a popular pilot likely to find a spot on the fall schedule.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 STAR
9:00 Empire
This combination was my suggestion and it seems too perfect to go any other way. I can't imagine FOX not pairing Star and Empire. It's possible they air Empire at 8pm to lead into Star, but I think they'll leave Empire where it is. If FOX doesn't do these two shows, in one order or the other, on Wednesdays, I'll be shocked.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Rosewood
9:00 PITCH
Thursdays are a bit of a puzzle. I could see FOX definitely going with a mellow theme with procedural Rosewood and the gentler new drama Pitch. I don't know that this would work but I wouldn't be surprised to see FOX try it this way.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Masterchef Junior
9:00 Bones
I think FOX is going to move Bones to Fridays for its final go round and I think they'll also leave Masterchef Junior here and press it into service elsewhere if needed.

SUNDAYS
7:00 NFL Overrun/The OT/Bob's Burgers
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 SON OF ZORN
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 The Last Man on Earth
I think the only thing FOX will change on Sundays is putting the new live action/animated hybrid Son of Zorn at 8:30pm. I think they'll leave the rest of the night in tact because these shows can still pull a punch when they get a football lead-in.

MIDSEASON: 24: LEGACY, MAKING HISTORY, SHOTS FIRED, THE EXORCIST, UNTITLED CHIRS CHASE, UNTITLED PRISON BREAK REVIVAL, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Hell's Kitchen, Sleepy Hollow, The X-Files
I think we'll see some of these in the summer but there's also the Empire/Star hiatus and of course potential flops. I think either the 24 reboot or the Prison Break reboot will be held to summer while the other may find its way to Mondays or Thursdays. The X-Files will come back whenever they can get David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on board.

CANCELLED/ENDED: American Idol, American Grit, Bordertown, Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life, Grandfathered, The Grinder, Minority Report, Second Chance, World's Funniest

No comments:

Post a Comment