Tuesday, May 8, 2012

UPFRONTS 2012: What FOX Will Do

Upfronts are next week! Now my prediction for what FOX will do. If interested, check out my NBC prediction, what I said FOX should do, and my FOX prediction from last year. FOX was a tricky one to predict this year but I think they won't be as aggressive in the fall as they need to be.

MONDAY
8:00 Bones
9:00 UNTITLED BERMAN/WRIGHT
I think we will see Bones as the Monday night anchor where it has done well enough this spring and I think they will not launch the highly anticipated Kevin Williamson drama until midseason leaving another hot project, the Berman/Wright mob doctor drama as a medical drama replacement for House.

TUESDAY
8:00 LITTLE BROTHER
8:30 Raising Hope
9:00 New Girl
9:30 UNTITLED MINDY KALING
I personally think FOX should leave Glee at 8pm here but many rumors are pointing to a four sitcom night. In that case, I see FOX keeping its two returning shows together while book-ending them with two new shows. At 8pm, I could see them launching the John Stamos comedy at 8pm and the Mindy Kaling comedy at 9:30pm. That would give this night a pretty good flow if FOX insists on doing four comedies here.

WEDNESDAY
8:00 The X-Factor
I think much like American Idol in the spring, FOX will opt to just keep its reality show at two hours and not try a comedy at 9:30pm a few months in. They never seem to work.

THURSDAY
8:00 The X-Factor
9:00 Glee
I think FOX should use the 9pm slot to launch a new drama but instead I think they might put Glee here which will be a good night but uses up two anchor shows (even with Glee fading) in one night.

FRIDAY
8:00 Kitchen Nightmares
9:00 Fringe
With Fringe having one final half season, I see FOX doing it in the fall so I don't see any change here from last fall.


SATURDAY
8:00 Sports/Cops
Already announced.

SUNDAY
7:00 NFL Overrun/The OT/Animation Encores
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 The Cleveland Show
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad!
I don't think FOX will take chances on Sunday like I suggested. I think they will stick with their animated shows that always do better in the fall when they have a football lead-in.

MIDSEASON: American Idol, Bob's Burgers, Hell's Kitchen, Touch, GUILTY, UNTITLED KEVIN WILLIAMSON, NED FOX IS MY MANNY, REBOUNDING
I don't see FOX picking up as many shows as they probably should considering they are actually quite thin in a lot of areas. I expect the Kevin Williamson drama to get a post-American Idol slot in the spring while the comedies can be replacements or fill-ins depending on how the Tuesday night comedy block goes. I see them giving Touch one more chance somewhere and Bob's Burgers to come back to Sunday nights at midseason.

CANCELLED/ENDED: Alcatraz, Allen Gregory, Breaking In, The Finder, I Hate My Teenage Daughter, House, Napoleon Dynamite, Q'Viva: The Chosen, Terra Nova
There are rumors that The Finder might get a pickup but I just don't see it happening. I also don't see Napoleon Dynamite coming back for FOX. Other than that, the others are no brainers.

No comments:

Post a Comment