Tuesday, May 5, 2015

UPFRONTS 2015: What FOX Will Do

Continuing my predictions for the week, here is FOX!

Past FOX Predictions: 2014   2013   2012   2011

Check out my FOX suggestions

For a list of FOX pilots, click here

MONDAYS
8:00 Gotham
9:00 FRANKENSTEIN
I think FOX will keep its genre night going on Monday night. I don't see any reason Gotham moves from 8pm and I think they'll pair it with Frankenstein to keep up the creepy vibe that Sleepy Hollow had here.

TUESDAYS
8:00 Masterchef Junior
9:00 THE GRINDER
9:30 GRANDPA (formerly Untitled John Stamos)
I think it's possible, maybe even likely, that New Girl will be gone from the 9pm Tuesday slot it has always known. Whether that means it goes to 9:30pm or another night, I'm not sure. But I'm going to predict that FOX wants a fresh start with its comedies on Tuesdays. I think Masterchef Junior will stay right where it is and lead into two new comedies. The ones getting the most buzz are Rob Lowe's The Grinder and John Stamos' Grandpa. I could see FOX giving them a Tuesday block.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Empire
9:00 STUDIO CITY
The big question for Wednesday is will FOX keep Empire at 9pm or move it to 8pm to let it lead into something? I really think they should leave it at 9pm but I'm predicting they'll move it to 8pm and lead it into Studio City, which seems like a compatible show. The other question is how they'll handle Empire and baseball. They have such a huge hit on their hands and they're going to do everything they can to keep it that way.

THURSDAYS
8:00 SCREAM QUEENS
9:00 Sleepy Hollow
FOX needs to redo Thursdays so I think they'll bring their most promising new title to the night, Ryan Murphy's Scream Queens. They've already been promoting and I think they'll trust it can be a self-starter so they'll give it this slot. I think 9pm could be a lot of shows but I'm going to guess they're going to give Sleepy Hollow one more chance with a different lead-in.

FRIDAYS
8:00 New Girl
8:30 The Mindy Project
9:00 Bones
This is a bit of a gutsy prediction but I think FOX will dump its veterans on Friday in a block that could have the final seasons for all three of these shows. I think they have too many other things they need to try on other nights so this will be their plan for Fridays while any of these shows could move if something flames out. Probably won't happen but just a guess.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Sports

SUNDAYS
7:00 NFL Overrun/The OT/Animated Encores
7:30 Bob's Burgers
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 The Last Man on Earth
I see the Sunday block staying just as it was at midseason so FOX can try to get some football glow extended to The Last Man on Earth as this whole night was strong when there was a football lead-in. There's certainly a temptation to put a new comedy here but I don't think they will for the fall.

MIDSEASON: AUTOPSY, HOUDINI & DOYLE, MINORITY REPORT, THE X-FILES, American Idol, Hell's Kitchen, World's Funniest Fails
I could see Minority Report as a Monday candidate if Frankenstein doesn't work out. Autopsy could take Thursday 9pm if Sleepy Hollow bombs or has a shorter season. Houdini & Doyle and The X-Files may not be seen until Sunday. Hell's Kitchen and World's Funniest Fails could be fillers while I do think American Idol comes back again but maybe even less total hours of airings.

CANCELLED/ENDED: Backstrom, The Following, Glee, Gracepoint, Mulaney, Red Band Society, Utopia, Weird Loners

No comments:

Post a Comment