Tuesday, May 6, 2014

UPFRONTS 2014: What FOX Will Do

Last week, I suggested what FOX should do. This week, I am predicting what they will do. Many of their new shows are already picked up, but who knows what they will do with them so here goes!

Past Years: 2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 GOTHAM
9:00 Sleepy Hollow
I think FOX will certainly want to keep Sleepy Hollow at 9pm and they are probably hoping Gotham is their next Sleepy Hollow. Therefore I see them pairing the two up for a fantasy/genre night on Monday. Both could be limited orders which would allow The Following and another drama (Red Band Society?) to take the night over in the spring.

TUESDAYS
8:00 MULANEY
8:30 Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9:00 New Girl
9:30 The Mindy Project
As I noted in my FOX schedule suggestion, Tuesdays is a tough night no matter what. Therefore, I think they'll try four comedies for a third year in a row in the fall and I actually think they'll try to keep the carnage away from new shows by only putting one new one on at 8pm (Mulaney seems the most accessible). Then I think they'll deal with the low ratings that come from Brooklyn Nine-Nine, New Girl, and The Mindy Project.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Hell's Kitchen
9:00 BACKSTROM
Wednesday nights will probably still keep the seat warm for American Idol, but not with The X Factor. I think one reality show here is very likely and it'll probably be a Gordon Ramsey one. I could see it paired with a procedural show like the new Rainn Wilson drama Backstrom.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Bones
9:00 HIEROGLYPH
It seems like FOX has no problem throwing Bones all over the lineup so I wouldn't be surprised to see it sent to a new night to launch a new drama and it seems like it could fit with Ancient Egypt drama Hieroglyph. With a possible limited order for Hieroglyph and a reality show, FOX can reconfigure this lineup with Idol in the spring.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Masterchef Junior
9:00 Glee
As I said in my suggestion, FOX HAS to move Glee to Fridays. I think they will for its final season, and pair it with the returning Masterchef Junior.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Sports/Encores

SUNDAYS
7:00 NFL Overrun/The OT/Animated Encores
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 Bob's Burgers
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 LAST MAN ON EARTH
I still think FOX should take my suggestion of Gotham at 8pm, but I don't see them giving up the reliable animated shows during football season. However, with American Dad! gone, I could see them launching an offbeat sitcom among them and Last Man on Earth might be a good fit.

MIDSEASON: American Idol, The Following, Kitchen Nightmares, CABOT COLLEGE, EMPIRE, RED BAND SOCIETY, WAYWARD PINES, WEIRD LONERS
FOX has to figure out what to do about American Idol, but they have some time to figure it out. I think FOX may actually pick up more shows than this because they'll probably save a few for summer 2015, but I have a hard time guessing which ones and they also might hold off and pick some up off-cycle.

CANCELLED: Almost Human, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, Dads, Enlisted, Raising Hope, Rake, Surviving Jack, The X Factor

No comments:

Post a Comment