Thursday, May 12, 2016

UPFRONTS 2016: What CBS Will Do

Here is my CBS prediction! Check out my CBS suggestion.

Past CBS predictions: 2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 (Sep) The Big Bang Theory/(Nov) 2 Broke Girls
8:30 UNTITLED KEVIN JAMES
9:00 Scorpion
10:00 NCIS: Los Angeles
Something tells me that CBS is still not going to be able to resist airing The Big Bang Theory for a couple weeks on Mondays before moving it back to Thursdays. However, I do think they'll go back to a comedy hour on the night and have 2 Broke Girls take over for Big Bang after a couple weeks with both leading into the new Kevin James sitcom. I think they'll leave 9-11pm in tact even though one of those slots might be a prime spot for a new drama.

TUESDAYS
8:00 NCIS
9:00 NCIS: New Orleans

10:00 BULL
Tuesdays will most likely have NCIS and NCIS: New Orleans and I think they'll keep them both where they are and launch another new drama at 10pm. This time: Bull starring departing NCIS star Michael Weatherly.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Survivor
9:00 Criminal Minds
10:00 Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders
I think CBS will keep Wednesdays in tact and give Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders more of a chance to grow behind the mothership.

THURSDAYS
(Sep) 8:00 Thursday Night Football

(Nov)
8:00 The Big Bang Theory
8:30 MY TIME/YOUR TIME
9:00 Mom
9:30 Life in Pieces
10:00 Code Black
CBS will be able to launch its Thursday lineup a little bit earlier than last year but they still run into the holidays problem not too long after launching. So I think they will go conservative here with mostly returning shows, including Code Black, which seems to have a shot now. The only new show I think they'll do is one after The Big Bang Theory. It could be any number of them, but I am guessing My Time/Your Time.

FRIDAYS
8:00 The Amazing Race
9:00 Hawaii Five-0
10:00 Blue Bloods
I don't think CBS should or will mess with their successful Friday lineup.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Drama Encores
10:00 48 Hours
Of course

SUNDAYS
7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 BUNKER HILL
9:00 Madam Secretary
10:00 Elementary
I think CBS may try something new at 8pm this year with The Good Wife gone and Madam Secretary easily able to slide to 9pm. It could be comedies I suppose, but I'm going to guess they'll try the potentially upscale audience show Bunker Hill.

MIDSEASON: DREW, FOUR STARS, THE GREAT INDOORS, I'M NOT YOUR FRIEND, Life in Pieces, Supergirl, The Odd Couple, Undercover Boss
Rumors are flying that Supergirl could be headed to the CW and I wouldn't be shocked if that ends up the case. I think shows like Life in Pieces and The Odd Couple could be bridge shows for Survivor and The Amazing Race. Of course, CBS may be tempted to get Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc back together by pairing The Odd Couple with the new I'm Not Your Friend.

CANCELLED/ENDED: Angel From Hell, CSI: Cyber, The Good Wife, Limitless, Mike & Molly, Rush Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment