Wednesday, May 11, 2016

UPFRONTS 2016: What ABC Will Do

Here is my ABC prediction! Check out my suggestion for ABC.

Past ABC predictions: 2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 Dancing with the Stars
10:00 DESIGNATED SURVIVOR
Monday better not have Castle back to the night so the question is what will be here? I ended up going with Designated Survivor, just because I don't see another spot for it. It doesn't quite seem like a TGIT show and I'm not sure they'll throw it to the wolves on Sunday so I'm placing it here and we'll see what happens!

TUESDAYS
8:00 Fresh Off the Boat
8:30 SPEECHLESS
9:00 Black-ish
9:30 The Real O'Neals
10:00 Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
I do think this is the year that ABC goes to four comedies on Tuesdays but I don't think they'll move The Middle over as I suggested. Instead, I think they'll move Black-ish to the night and try the new sitcom Speechless at 8:30 while giving a reprieve to The Real O'Neals at 9:30pm. I do think Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. moves to 10pm.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 The Middle
8:30 The Goldbergs
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 TOAST
10:00 Secrets and Lies
I'm not advocating for this, but something tells me ABC might go back to the "hip comedy after Modern Family" plan and go with Shondaland's Toast. Hopefully ABC can resist and see that family comedies are its bread and butter. I think they'll leave the first three shows alone and bring Secrets and Lies to 10pm Wednesdays, where it was originally planned this midseason.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Grey's Anatomy
9:00 CONVICTION
10:00 How to Get Away with Murder
With Kerry Washington's rumored pregnancy, I think ABC will hold Scandal to midseason and let it run uninterrupted. Despite not being a Shondaland show, I think they will put Conviction on this night because it fits the TGIT brand.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Last Man Standing
8:30 Dr. Ken
9:00 Shark Tank
10:00 20/20
I still believe that Last Man Standing and Dr. Ken will get renewed and get to come back to their night where they mostly had success this year.

SUNDAYS
7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Once Upon a Time
9:00 TIME AFTER TIME
10:00 Quantico
I think this is a lineup doomed to fail but I think the sci-fi Time After Time will get a 9pm premiere following Once Upon a Time. And I don't think it'll do any better than The Family or Blood & Oil.

MIDSEASON: THE DEATH OF EVA SOFIA VALDEZ, THE JURY, MARVEL'S MOST WANTED, PEARL, STILL STAR-CROSSED, American Crime, The Bachelor, Beyond the Tank, Castle, The Great Christmas Light Fight, The Great Holiday Baking Show, Nashville, Scandal
I think some of these like Marvel's Most Wanted and Still Star-Crossed could be bridge shows on Tuesday and Thursday. American Crime could very well return to Wednesdays but they also need a spot for what should be the final seasons of Castle and Nashville though it would not shock me if they actually outright cancel one of them.

CANCELLED/ENDED: Blood & Oil, The Catch, The Family, Galavant, Marvel's Agent Carter, The Muppets, My Diet is Better Than Yours, Of Kings and Prophets, Wicked City, What Would You Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment