Tuesday, May 7, 2013

UPFRONTS 2013: What FOX Will Do

Here is my official prediction for FOX's schedule, which will be released next Monday. Last week, I suggested what FOX should do. Now I am predicting their schedule. Check out my predictions from 2012 and 2011 as well as a rundown of the FOX pilots.

MONDAYS
8:00 Bones
9:00 RAKE
I think FOX will definitely opt to hold The Following for midseason again which means they'll probably try another new drama at 9pm. The Greg Kinnear-starring Rake has been getting good buzz and might be seen as a worthy successor to a night that House used to thrive on. I think FOX will keep Bones as the solid 8pm anchor but the show is getting old so they may want to groom a newer show like Rake since The Following only does 15 episodes a year and is not an 8pm show.

TUESDAYS
8:00 Glee
9:00 New Girl
9:30 FRIENDS AND FAMILY
I debated a lot with the prediction for this night. I could see them trying the four comedy block again but I also think they'll want to launch a new show out of The X Factor which means Glee has to move. I don't really see any other place for it to go except back to Tuesdays at 8pm. New Girl will certainly stay at 9pm while I think they'll go with one of the few female-skewing pilots at 9:30pm. I could see The Mindy Project staying here if FOX sticks with four comedies on the night.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 The X-Factor
I really don't think FOX should give up three hours of prime real-estate to The X Factor but I think they will. I wish they would move it to another night or shorten it, but I don't see either of those things happening.

THURSDAYS
8:00 The X-Factor
9:00 SLEEPY HOLLOW
Despite the slipping ratings for The X Factor, I still think they'll use it to launch a new drama and I wouldn't be surprised to see the potential self-starter Sleepy Hollow. Comedies are a possibility here too but with NBC and possibly CBS having two hours of comedy, I don't see it happening.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Raising Hope
8:30 The Mindy Project
9:00 Kitchen Nightmares
I'm not really sure what will happen here but FOX always seems to throw some show to the wolves on Fridays. This year, I think it could be Raising Hope, which was likely renewed for syndication purposes, and the low-rated The Mindy Project.

SATURDAYS
8:00 College Football
It was announced today that Cops will move to Spike TV ending its 25 year run with FOX. That leaves Saturday open to fully be for specials and sporting events.

SUNDAYS
7:00 NFL Overrun/Animated Encores
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 Bob's Burgers
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 American Dad!
I have suggested for two years in a row that FOX should shake up its Sunday lineup and bring in some live action sitcoms. But they seem to really like their Animation Domination and with no new shows on the horizon and The Cleveland Show likely cancelled, I think it'll stay put.

MIDSEASON: American Idol, The Following, Hell's Kitchen, DADS, I SUCK AT GIRLS, UNTITLED DAN GOOR/MIKE SCHUR, GANG RELATED
It's pretty predictable that Idol and The Following will go to their current slots while Hell's Kitchen can be a filler anywhere. I think FOX will use football at some point to launch some of their male skewing comedies but who knows where they'll put them. Maybe Glee will take a break and they'll get a Tuesday slot? Gang Related could go to Thursdays at 9pm after Idol if Sleepy Hollow doesn't pan out.

CANCELLED: Ben and Kate, The Cleveland Show, Cops, Fringe, The Mob Doctor, Touch
Pretty much all expected with today's announcement for Cops. Only The Cleveland Show remains slightly in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment