Thursday, May 10, 2012

UPFRONTS 2012: What CBS Will Do

It's the final day for my predictions with CBS. Also check out what I said CBS should do as well as my predictions for ABC, FOX, and NBC. Also check out my CBS prediction from last year.

MONDAY
8:00 2 Broke Girls
8:30 Mike & Molly
9:00 Two and a Half Men
9:30 PARTNERS
10:00 Hawaii Five-0
Many signs are pointing to CBS doing four hours of comedy next season (though I strongly disagree with this move). If that does happen, I see 2 Broke Girls sliding up to 8pm so CBS doesn't keep both its older anchors on the same night. I also see them sliding up Mike & Molly to give a new comedy the best possible slot on the night. I don't see any way that Hawaii Five-0 doesn't come back to 10pm.

TUESDAY
8:00 NCIS
9:00 ELEMENTARY
10:00 NCIS: Los Angeles
I think this will be the year that CBS slides NCIS: Los Angeles back an hour to give a new drama a comfy 9pm slot. The new show could be either Elementary or the Ralph Lamb show but I definitely think it'll be one of the two. Right now, I see Elementary as the more likely one.

WEDNESDAY
8:00 Survivor
9:00 Criminal Minds
10:00 CSI
I don't see CBS changing this night nor should they.

THURSDAY
8:00 How I Met Your Mother
8:30 Rules of Engagement
9:00 The Big Bang Theory
9:30 SUPER FUN NIGHT
10:00 Person of Interest
OK, so I am predicting that CBS does go with two hours of comedy on Thursday. I don't doubt that it will put the demos for The Big Bang Theory through the roof at 9pm but I just see them having too many older shows and not enough promising pilots plus a wealth of dramas. However, if they do go with the comedies then Person of Interest seems a likely 10pm show.

FRIDAY
8:00 CSI: NY
9:00 The Mentalist
10:00 Blue Bloods
Rumor has it that CSI: NY is a more likely pickup than CSI: Miami due to production costs. If that does happen, I see it at 8pm Friday (I could also see CSI: Miami here). I don't think they try a new drama on Fridays again and instead move The Mentalist.

SATURDAY
8:00 Encores
10:00 48 Hours Mystery
Very unlikely to change.

SUNDAY
7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 The Amazing Race
9:00 UNTITLED RALPH LAMB
10:00 The Good Wife
I think we'll see a new Sunday drama, the high profile Ralph Lamb project could be a very likely candidate. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see The Good Wife slide back an hour and take the brunt of the football overrun hits.

MIDSEASON: Rob, Undercover Boss, APPLEBAUM, UNTITLED NICK STOLLER, UNTITLED MARTIN LAWRENCE
If CBS does go with two hours of comedy on Thursday, I see them having a few more sitcoms on the bench including Rob and two new shows. I also don't see more than one drama waiting in the wings.

CANCELLED/ENDED: CSI: Miami, A Gifted Man, How to Be a Gentleman, NYC 22, Unforgettable
Nothing too surprising here though it could easily be CSI: NY instead of CSI: Miami on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment