Thursday, May 7, 2015

UPFRONTS 2015: What CBS Will Do

Finally, here is my CBS prediction. Next week, the official fall schedules!

Past CBS Predictions: 2014   2013   2012   2011

Check out my suggestion for CBS

For a list of CBS pilots, click here

MONDAYS
8:00 (Sep) The Big Bang Theory/(Nov) 2 Broke Girls
8:30 LIFE IN PIECES
9:00 Scorpion
10:00 LIMITLESS
I think CBS will once again bring The Big Bang Theory over for a couple weeks to start the season with the NFL taking up Thursdays. While I could see them just leaving their 8pm comedy block as is, I don't see a reason to bring Big Bang over unless they're going to use it to launch a new comedy so I picked Life in Pieces. If it doesn't work, CBS will have Mike & Molly on deck. I'm unsure if they'd actually move NCIS: Los Angeles after just one year on the night but I think they might want to try to use Scorpion to launch a new drama and Limitless sounds like it might have similar appeal.

TUESDAYS
8:00 NCIS
9:00 NCIS: New Orleans

10:00 Person of Interest
After changing Tuesdays this past year, I think they'll leave it alone this year and tackle Person of Interest's slot in 2016-17. I made this prediction before the drop to a 1.1 for Tuesday's season finale on Person but I'll stick with this guess.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Survivor
9:00 Criminal Minds
10:00 CODE BLACK
I suggested that CBS move Criminal Minds to 10pm and that may happen but I'm not convinced they'll actually take that plunge. Instead, I think Survivor and Criminal Minds stay and the medical drama Code Black takes the 10pm slot. If they pick up the Criminal Minds spinoff, I think they'll save it for midseason.

THURSDAYS
(Sep) 8:00 Thursday Night Football

(Nov)
8:00 The Big Bang Theory
8:30 ANGEL FROM HELL
9:00 Mom
9:30 The Odd Couple
10:00 NCIS: Los Angeles
We know football is taking up Thursdays through the last Thursday in October and then they'll launch their night. I think they won't mess with the sitcom lineup much but will launch the Jane Lynch vehicle Angel From Hell after The Big Bang Theory. I also think Mom will permanently take the 9pm slot while The Odd Couple will be left to fly on its own at 9:30pm. I could see Elementary staying at 10pm but I'm going to predict NCIS: Los Angeles takes over the 10pm slot because it needs to go somewhere.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Elementary
9:00 Hawaii Five-0
10:00 Blue Bloods
I could see CBS bringing Elementary over to Fridays where I don't think it'll do much worse than it already does on Thursdays. I think the 9-11pm shows stay the same.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Encores
10:00 48 Hours
No reason CBS will change this.

SUNDAYS
7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 SUPERGIRL
9:00 Madam Secretary
10:00 The Good Wife
This is a rumor that I've seen on other sites and I'm buying into it. I think CBS might try to make a splash at 8pm Sundays with Supergirl and leave its old-skewing dramas to the rest of the night. It doesn't really fit here, but does Supergirl really fit anywhere on the CBS schedule? It's a shot in the dark but I could see them doing it. I think the other two dramas will slide back an hour.

MIDSEASON: CRIMINAL MINDS: BEYOND BORDERS, FOR JUSTICE, The Amazing Race, CSI, Mike & Molly, Undercover Boss
I've already talked about Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders and Mike & Molly. I think CSI comes back for a shortened final season in the winter like The Mentalist did this past year. Undercover Boss can also be a winter filler like it was this year while The Amazing Race can take a slot if something fails or be held for summer (that probably wouldn't be the worst thing). Something tells me that Rush Hour will be the high profile pilot CBS passes on. There seems to be one every year. They'll still probably need one more drama so I'm taking a shot in the dark that they'll try For Justice.

CANCELLED/ENDED: Battle Creek, CSI: Cyber, The McCarthys, The Mentalist, The Millers, Stalker, Two and a Half Men

No comments:

Post a Comment