Wednesday, May 7, 2014

UPFRONTS 2014: What ABC Will Do

Here is my prediction for what ABC will do with their schedule! Check out what my suggestion was for ABC!

Past Years: 2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 Dancing with the Stars
10:00 AGATHA
I've predicted it before, but I think this is the year that ABC finally moves Castle because they'll need it in a tough slot and Dancing has been somewhat resurgent and The Bachelor is still quite strong. They may have an in with NBC likely to move The Blacklist. I think they'll look for another female-skewing procedural like Castle and Agatha fits that bill.

TUESDAYS
8:00 Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
9:00 THE VISITORS
10:00 Castle
Despite an underwhelming performance, I think ABC keeps Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. at 8pm but I don't think the comedy hour stays at 9pm. I think we'll see a new drama there and ABC has tried genre shows on this night before so The Visitors might be an option. ABC will be foolish if they launch another new drama at 10pm so I think they finally move Castle here.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 The Middle
8:30 The Goldbergs
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 UNTITLED KEVIN HART
10:00 Nashville
As I said they need to, I think ABC will move The Goldbergs to this night and they'll try another new comedy after Modern Family. The Kevin Hart sitcom has buzz and could be a choice for this night if ABC goes back to the family theme. Despite my reservations, I think ABC keeps Nashville at 10pm.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Grey's Anatomy
9:00 HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER
10:00 Scandal
It's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the new Shonda Rhimes drama How to Get Away with Murder will find a spot on the schedule but there are several options as to where it goes. My suggestion was Wednesday but I think ABC will try a fully Shonda night on Thursday by moving Grey's Anatomy to 8pm. Another option is Scandal moves to 9pm and Grey's moves elsewhere or Murder just launches at 8pm. But if ABC goes the full Shonda route, I think this is what they do.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Last Man Standing
8:30 CRISTELA
9:00 Shark Tank
10:00 20/20
Fridays are fairly successful so I don't see much changing except I think ABC will think they can do better than The Neighbors at 8:30pm and Cristela is a hot multi-camera pilot.

SATURDAYS
8:00 College Football

SUNDAYS
7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Once Upon a Time
9:00 Resurrection
10:00 Revenge
Having to deal with Sunday Night Football in the fall makes me think ABC will keep things as is on Sunday but when Resurrection and/or Revenge nosedive, I could see a new drama coming here after the Oscars like Resurrection did this year.

MIDSEASON: The Bachelor, Celebrity Wife Swap, Suburgatory, AGENT CARTER, AMERICAN CRIME, THE ASTRONAUTS WIVES CLUB, FRESH OFF THE BOAT, IRREVERSIBLE, SECRETS AND LIES, WARRIORS

I think ABC will let Suburgatory eke out another season but I'm not convinced there. The other pilots seem like the ones that have gotten the most buzz and could be fillers if ABC does split seasons for shows like Scandal and Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Hello American Crime and Agent Carter?)

CANCELLED: The Assets, Back in the Game, Betrayal, Black Box, The Great Christmas Light Fight, Killer Women, Lucky 7, Mind Games, Mixology, The Neighbors, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Super Fun Night, The Taste, Trophy Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment