Wednesday, May 9, 2012

UPFRONTS 2012: What ABC Will Do

ABC's turn today! Before reading, feel free to check out what I said ABC should do as well as my predictions for FOX and NBC. Also check out my ABC prediction from last year.

MONDAY
8:00 Dancing with the Stars
10:00 NASHVILLE
A big part of me thinks ABC might leave Castle on Mondays but if any show is going to take its place, it could be the musical themed Nashville so I took a stab that ABC will finally take the plunge on Mondays. We'll see.

TUESDAY
8:00 Dancing with the Stars Results
9:00 UNTITLED MANDY MOORE
9:30 Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23
10:00 Castle
I think the multicam sitcoms might be on the move to Fridays. If that's the case, I could see Dancing with the Stars moving back to 8pm and sitcoms going at 9pm with Happy Endings on tap for midseason. The sitcoms may not be strong enough lead-ins so I could see ABC putting an established show like Castle at 10pm.

WEDNESDAY
8:00 The Middle
8:30 Suburgatory
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 HOW TO LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
10:00 Revenge
To me this is the easiest night to predict. I don't see anything changing except for the 9:30 slot being a new family comedy. It sounds like How to Live with Your Parents... has the edge right now but I could see the Mandy Moore project or American Judy going here as well.

THURSDAY

8:00 Private Practice
9:00 Grey's Anatomy
10:00 Scandal
I think ABC will not try again with the Thursday 8pm slot in the fall instead opting to air a (possibly) final season of Private Practice there. I think Scandal will get another shot after Grey's Anatomy.

FRIDAY
8:00 MALIBU COUNTRY
8:30 Last Man Standing
9:00 Shark Tank
10:00 20/20
Rumors are rampant that ABC is bringing back TGIF and I see them doing that with Reba McEntire and Tim Allen. I don't think they'll do two hours until they see how things go and Shark Tank can easily do a full season.

SATURDAY
8:00 College Football
As announced.

SUNDAY
7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Once Upon a Time
9:00 666 PARK AVENUE
10:00 MISTRESSES
I don't think we see GCB come back. Instead, I think ABC might pair Once Upon a Time with the spooky 666 Park Avenue and then launch Mistresses (originally intended for summer 2013) in the 10pm slot. They could also have Devious Maids on deck if something doesn't work.

MIDSEASON: The Bachelor, Happy Endings, Primetime: What Would You Do?, Wipeout, AMERICANA, DEVIOUS MAIDS, THE LAST RESORT, GILDED LILYS, AMERICAN JUDY, THE SMART ONE, THE MANZANIS
I see a lot of midseason pickups from new series with not too many returning shows. There hasn't been any buzz on The Manzanis but I could see ABC putting it with the other multicams if TGIF happens and works.

CANCELLED/ENDED: Body of Proof, Celebrity Wife Swap, Charlie's Angels, Cougar Town, Desperate Housewives, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, GCB, Man Up!, Missing, Pan Am, The River, Work It, You Deserve It
The biggest surprise cancellation might be GCB which is clearly on the bubble. A lot of people think ABC will give it another chance but I'm not so sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment