Wednesday, May 8, 2013

UPFRONTS 2013: What ABC Will Do

Here is my prediction for ABC! Check out what I think ABC should do as well as my predictions from 2012 and 2011. Also, check out the list of ABC pilots.

MONDAYS
8:00 Dancing with the Stars
10:00 Castle
I really think ABC should hold off on Dancing with the Stars and give it a rest in the fall but I just don't see it happening. I think this lineup will stay because ABC has a history of not changing things up even when they really need to.

TUESDAYS
8:00 Dancing with the Stars Results
9:00 S.H.I.E.L.D.
10:00 LUCKY 7
I think S.H.I.E.L.D. is destined for Tuesdays. 8pm is definitely a possible destination but I think they'll put it at 9pm as the anchor show. I think they'll see it as a self-starter and try to launch a big new drama after it. Buzz has been good on Lucky 7 and I could see ABC giving it this slot.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 The Middle
8:30 HOW THE HELL AM I NORMAL?
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life)
10:00 Nashville
Much like Happy Endings two years ago, I think ABC will keep How to Live with Your Parents in the 9:30 slot after a brief spring run and focus on a new launch at 8:30pm where Suburgatory thrived at one point. Adam Goldberg's 80s comedy How the Hell Am I Normal? seems like a real fit with the night. I think the rest of the night will stay put including a second season for Nashville on Wednesdays though I supposed Monday is a possibility for that show.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Shark Tank
9:00 Grey's Anatomy
10:00 Scandal
The Thursday 8pm slot is a big problem for ABC and I don't see them launching another new ambitious drama here. Instead, I think they'll finally bring Shark Tank over from Fridays to the 8pm slot which should shore it up. The Shonda Rhimes dramas that follow should not and will not change.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Last Man Standing
8:30 KING JOHN
9:00 Suburgatory
9:30 The Neighbors
10:00 20/20
I really think ABC is gearing up for a two hour comedy block on Fridays with an attempt to return to TGIF. I could see them launching King John to make a male-skewing 8pm slot. Suburgatory and The Neighbors could make up 9pm and if they completely tank, ABC could bring reality back to this hour. Who knows if they actually will but something tells me this is the direction they will go.

SATURDAYS
8:00 College Football
Of course.

SUNDAYS
7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Once Upon a Time
9:00 BETRAYAL
10:00 Revenge
Almost everyone's mock schedules have Revenge going to 10pm and I think they will do it. Gothica is a definite possibility for 9pm but buzz hasn't been great on the show. Instead, they may go more with a tonal fit to Revenge than Once and air Betrayal or Venice (I'm guessing Betrayal right now). Either way, they may have a problem at 8pm if Once keeps slipping.

MIDSEASON: The Bachelor, Body of Proof, Celebrity Wife Swap, Malibu Country, SUPER FUN NIGHT, UNTITLED CULLEN BROS., INFLUENCE, ONCE: WONDERLAND, THE RETURNED
I think Body of Proof will cheat death yet again and get a midseason slot. The Bachelor will probably continue to bridge Dancing even though I think it should air in the fall. Malibu Country can be a placeholder if any comedies bomb. I think ABC will definitely pick up the Once spinoff while everything else is a guess. They're a tricky one to figure out with their pilots as a lot of them are on brand and there hasn't been a ton of buzz from any network this spring.

CANCELLED: 666 Park Avenue, Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, The Family Tools, Happy Endings, Last Resort, Primetime: What Would You Do?, Private Practice, Red Widow, Splash, The Taste, Zero Hour

No comments:

Post a Comment