Wednesday, May 6, 2015

UPFRONTS 2015: What ABC Will Do

Today - my ABC prediction!

Past ABC Predictions: 2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 Dancing with the Stars
10:00 RUNNER
I do think this will finally be the year that ABC moves Castle out of its comfy Monday 10pm slot. This year was too disastrous for this show and Dancing with the Stars continues to be solid so I think they'll launch a new drama at 10pm. The question is which drama? I'm going with Runner, which seems like it might appeal to the Castle crowd.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Middle
8:30 Fresh Off the Boat
9:00 Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
10:00 Castle
I think ABC could go a lot of directions on Tuesdays. They might do a two hour sitcom block like I suggested, but my experience with ABC is that they're usually overly conservative so I don't think it happens. I do think The Middle will move over to lead off the night and give Fresh Off a Boat at boost. Instead of launching a new drama, I think Castle will get the Tuesday 10pm slot.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 The Goldbergs
8:30 UNCLE BUCK
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 Black-ish
10:00 UNTITLED JENNA BANS PROJECT
Wednesdays were a huge hit so I don't think ABC will want to change a bunch of things but I also feel like they'll feel like they need to because they need to launch a new sitcom. I think The Goldbergs will slide to 8pm to make room for a new sitcom - my guess is the reboot of Uncle Buck. I think the 9pm hour will stay in tact so ABC can give a second year to Black-ish to grow. At 10pm, I could see them launching a new drama if they keep the 9pm hour the same. My prediction is the new Jenna Bans project, which sounds right on brand for ABC.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Grey's Anatomy
9:00 Scandal
10:00 How to Get Away with Murder
I don't think ABC will mess with their TGIT lineup until they need to when How to Get Away with Murder's season ends. Then they'll try to put in something like The Catch, a.k.a. something more compatible than American Crime.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Last Man Standing
8:30 CHEV & BEV
9:00 Shark Tank
10:00 20/20
I see Fridays staying mostly the same but I do think they'll launch a new 8:30pm sitcom and I think it'll be another older skewing comedy starring older stars. My guess is the Chevy Chase/Beverly D'Angelo vehicle, Chev & Bev.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Sports

SUNDAYS
7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Once Upon a Time
9:00 KINGS AND PROPHETS
10:00 Nashville
I think ABC will revamp 9-11pm and hope that Once Upon a Time can rebound a bit at 8pm. I think Kings and Prophets could take the 9pm slot while I could see Nashville (or maybe Castle) taking the 10pm slot. Kings and Prophets seems like it might be an adventurous choice even though A.D. didn't work in this slot.

MIDSEASON: BOOM, THE CATCH, LA CRIME, UNTITLED MARVEL PROJECT, DELORES & JERMAINE, UNTITLED MUPPETS PROJECT, UNTITLED NBA PROJECT, The Great Christmas Light Fight, Repeat After Me, Secrets and Lies
I already mentioned The Catch. The Marvel project can be a filler for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I could see the comedies as fillers or spring up in a late spring slot. Boom and LA Crime seem a bit of tough sells but I think ABC will give them a chance. Secrets and Lies can come back to Sunday nights at midseason.

CANCELLED/ENDED: American Crime, Cristela, Forever, Galavant, In an Instant, Manhattan Love Story, Marvel's Agent Carter, Resurrection, Revenge, Selfie, The Taste

No comments:

Post a Comment