Monday, May 9, 2016

UPFRONTS 2016: What NBC Will Do

Upfronts week continues with my predictions. I fully expect to be wrong on most of these but here goes nothing! First up is NBC. Check out my suggestion for NBC!

Past NBC predictions: 2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 The Voice
10:00 TIMELESS
I think NBC will in fact go with Timeless as the lead-out for The Voice just as I suggested. They will certainly be looking for a new drama to follow their biggest hit (with some new coaches) so I expect it to be their biggest drama pilot that's not a spinoff. So, I think it'll be this. I guess it could be Taken or maybe Cruel Intentions if it actually gets picked up. But I'm going with Timeless.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Voice

9:00 TRIAL & ERROR
9:30 Superstore
10:00 Chicago Fire
I advocated for keeping Tuesdays as is but NBC has to put comedies somewhere and I think they might try Tuesdays at 9pm again after a year off of trying this method following The Voice. They have to put comedies somewhere in the fall and I definitely believe they won't save Superstore until midseason. So, I think they will be airing a new comedy at 9pm followed by Superstore. For the new comedy, I'm predicting Trial & Error with the current craze for murder trials.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 MIRANDA'S RIGHTS
9:00 Law & Order: SVU
10:00 Chicago PD
I think NBC will go with something different at 8pm. It could be comedies but I think it'll be a new drama and I'm predicting legal drama Miranda's Rights, which seems like a good fit with the two veteran shows on the night.

THURSDAYS
(Sep)
8:00 Little Big Shots
9:00 The Blacklist
10:00 Chicago Med

(Nov)
8:00 Thursday Night Football
I really liked my suggestion for Thursdays but I don't think NBC will go that route. I do think they will have Little Big Shots on the night because they won't want to save it until January. I think they'll go with The Blacklist in its usual slot followed by Chicago Med, because that has to go somewhere if they have comedies on Tuesday. This would give them three straight nights of Chicago shows at 10pm. Then I think they'll have them air until football starts up and pick it up again in January.

FRIDAYS
8:00 EMERALD CITY
9:00 Grimm
10:00 Dateline NBC
Who knows if Emerald City will ever air since its been in development for forever. But I think this might be the time they try it and they pair it with Grimm on Fridays.

SUNDAYS
7:00 Football Night in America
8:30 Sunday Night Football
Of course they'll have football here but the question is what will air on Sundays at midseason... I'm assuming Little Big Shots will be back at 8pm but 9-11pm will be interesting.

MIDSEASON: CHICAGO JUSTICE, GOOD PLACE, LAW & ORDER: TRUE CRIME, MARLON, POWERLESS, TAKEN, THIS IS US, UNTITLED BLACKLIST SPINOFF, UNTITLED VLADIMIR CAAMANO, The Biggest Loser, Blindspot, Celebrity Apprentice, The Mysteries of Laura, Shades of Blue
I have a lot here but NBC has to fill Sundays and The Voice hiatus. I think Celebrity Apprentice could fill the Monday hiatus for The Voice with perhaps comedies taking the Tuesday slot. Chicago Justice will get some sort of high profile slot if it's picked up. Law & Order: True Crime, Taken, The Biggest Loser, and maybe Shades of Blue could be summer candidates.

CANCELLED/ENDED: The Carmichael Show, Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon, Crowded, Game of Silence, Heartbeat, Hollywood Game Night, The Player, Strong, Telenovela, Truth Be Told, Undateable, You, Me, and the Apocalypse

No comments:

Post a Comment