Monday, May 4, 2015

UPFRONTS 2015: What NBC Will Do

Check back all week for schedule predictions and updates on pilot pickups, renewals, and cancellations!

Last week, I suggested what each network should do. This week begins my predictions... what I think each network's schedule will look like. First up, NBC!

Past NBC Predictions: 2014   2013   2012   2011

Check out my Suggestion for NBC

MONDAYS
8:00 The Voice
10:00 THE PLAYER (formerly Endgame)
I suggested NBC should put the new Wesley Snipes drama here and I think that's they will do. Other contenders for this slot could be Shades of Blue, Blindspot, or maybe Heartbreaker. But I think The Player sounds like the biggest thriller and NBC will want that for this slot to recapture some of the magic The Blacklist had here at one point.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Voice
9:00 TELENOVELA
9:30 SUPERSTORE
10:00 Chicago Fire
Despite failed attempts this season, I think NBC will try comedies again at 9pm Tuesday after The Voice because I don't think they'll think there's another place for them. They seem pretty high on the Eva Longoria vehicle Telenovela, which has already gotten picked up to series so I think it will get the post-Voice slot. The 9;30pm could really be anything but I'm going to take a stab and guess it'll be Superstore. I don't see any reason why they'd move Chicago Fire.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 THE CURSE OF THE FUENTES WOMEN
9:00 Law & Order: SVU
10:00 Chicago PD
I think Wednesday at 8pm is one of the biggest toss-ups for NBC, but something tells me they'll try to go lighthearted here as they did with The Mysteries of Laura. The only lighthearted drama they have in development is The Curse of the Fuentes Women so I think that has a chance here. My suggestion of Heroes: Reborn here wouldn't be a big surprise either. I think the 9pm & 10pm hours will stay in tact.

THURSDAYS
8:00 HEROES: REBORN
9:00 The Blacklist
10:00 HEARTBREAKER
Thursdays obviously need yet another revamp. I think NBC is going to blame The Blacklist's failures on Thursdays as a result of not having anything around it with quick failures from The Slap and Allegiance. So I see them trying to give it a promising lead-in and launching the Heroes reboot at 8pm. I think they'll try to air a 10pm drama as well and I'm going to guess it'll be the recently picked up Heartbreaker. If that doesn't work, this could be eyed by NBC as a slot for Chicago Med at midseason.

FRIDAYS
8:00 The Mysteries of Laura
9:00 Grimm
10:00 Dateline NBC
NBC could go ahead and cancel all their newbies but I think The Mysteries of Laura will get a mercy renewal and a chance to air on Friday nights. I wouldn't be surprised to see it only picked up for 13 episodes (if it gets picked up at all). I think Grimm goes back to 9pm.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Encores

SUNDAYS
7:00 Football Night in America
8:30 Sunday Night Football
Of course. It'll be interesting to see what they try on Sundays at midseason as that has been a constant problem for them.

MIDSEASON: BLINDSPOT, CHICAGO MED, COACH, EMERALD CITY, SHADES OF BLUE, STRANGE CALLS, UNTITLED NEIL PATRICK HARRIS VARIETY, The Biggest Loser, Celebrity Apprentice, The Sing Off, Undateable
I think NBC will pick up a lot of shows considering this year's disaster and the fact that they already have eight picked up. I think Coach and Undateable will pair together at some point. I already talked about Chicago Med while Blindspot or Shades of Blue could be a back-up if The Player doesn't work. They also could be Sunday contenders along with the Neil Patrick Harris variety show. Emerald City might get pushed to summer. Others can fill in where needed.

CANCELLED/ENDED: A to Z, About a Boy, Allegiance, American Odyssey, Bad Judge, Constantine, Marry Me, The Night Shift, One Big Happy, Parenthood, Parks and Recreation, The Slap, State of Affairs

No comments:

Post a Comment