Monday, May 7, 2012

UPFRONTS 2012: What NBC Will Do

Last week, I suggested what each network should do. This week, I make my official predictions for what they will do. Obviously this is just guessing based on what is rumored to be hot, etc. If interested, check out what I said NBC should do as well as my prediction last year.

MONDAY
8:00 The Voice
10:00 COUNTY
I almost put Smash at 10pm as I suggested in what they should do but I think NBC might decide to hold Smash until the spring edition of The Voice. County is a hot pilot from Jason Katims and NBC might decide they need to use The Voice to launch a new show in the fall and try to get a hit.

TUESDAY

8:00 The Biggest Loser
9:00 The Voice
10:00 CHICAGO FIRE

As I suggested, I think NBC will in fact give The Voice an hour on Tuesday right from the start to give another new show the best lead-in NBC has to offer. I think they will continue to leave The Biggest Loser at an hour and add the Dick Wolf drama Chicago Fire at 10pm.

WEDNESDAY
8:00 DOWNWARDLY MOBILE
8:30 Whitney
9:00 1600 PENN
9:30 SAVE ME
10:00 Parenthood
I think NBC will make a huge push for comedy this fall. I'm predicting they launch five new comedies in the fall but stagger the premieres with some coming right after the Olympics in August as has been rumored and some coming later. Despite mixed buzz, I think they will give Roseanne a chance at 8pm and pair it with Whitney while launching two promising single cam comedies at 9pm. I could see 10pm going to Law & Order: SVU but I think they might give Parenthood a chance after the comedies.


THURSDAY
8:00 The Office
8:30 Parks and Recreation
9:00 THE NEW NORMAL
9:30 GO ON
10:00 HANNIBAL
I think NBC will finally move The Office out of its 9pm anchor slot and instead get its aging shows out of the way at 8pm leading into two new comedies at 9pm (and I think we'll see both 9pm shows launch in August). At 10pm, I think they might give Hannibal a chance as they continue to try to find a drama that works at 10pm. It's not a great fit out of the comedies and I think they should try it on Fridays but I don't think they will.


FRIDAY
8:00 Dateline NBC
9:00 Grimm
10:00 Law & Order: SVU
Many people think Grimm will go somewhere else but I think NBC will keep it on Fridays especially with Fringe ending this coming season. They can make it work here. At 10pm, I think they may move Law & Order: SVU to this night as they did towards the end of the original series.

SATURDAY
8:00 Encores
Nothing to see here.

SUNDAY

7:00 Football Night in America
8:00 Sunday Night Football
No surprise here. Will NBC waste another fall of a huge promotional tool?

MIDSEASON: 30 Rock, Betty White's Off Their Rockers, Celebrity Apprentice, Community, Fear Factor, Smash, FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER, GUYS WITH KIDS (formerly Untitled Jimmy Fallon), DO NO HARM, THE FRONTIER, MOCKINGBIRD LANE, NOTORIOUS, REVOLUTION
I see NBC picking up lots of new shows. As mentioned I see Smash going back to Mondays at midseason while 30 Rock, Community, and Betty White's Off Their Rockers can be comedy replacements if something fails.

CANCELLED/ENDED: Are You There, Chelsea?, Awake, Bent, Best Friends Forever, Chuck, Fashion Star, The Firm, Free Agents, Harry's Law, The Playboy Club, Prime Suspect, Rock Center with Brian Williams, The Sing Off, Up All Night, Who Do You Think You Are?, Who's Still Standing?

No comments:

Post a Comment