Tuesday, May 7, 2019

UPFRONTS 2019: What FOX Will Do

Here is my FOX prediction!

For my FOX suggestion, click here

Past FOX predictions: 2018   2017   2016   2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 The Resident
9:00 9-1-1
I think FOX is going to be pretty conservative in the fall given how they were last year. So I think Mondays stay exactly the same with The Resident and 9-1-1. If that happens, that would be a missed opportunity but it sounds like FOX.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Masked Singer
9:00 NEXT
I think FOX should hold The Masked Singer until midseason and give it a post-Super Bowl launch. I think it is possible they do that, but I also think it's possible they won't be able to stop themselves and put it on the air in the fall. If they do that, I think they'll try one of their new dramas after it.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Empire
9:00 FILTHY RICH
I think Empire will keep the Wednesday 8pm slot but lead into Filthy Rich, which seems like a pretty compatible partnership.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Thursday Night Football
I feel good about this prediction!

FRIDAYS
8:00 WWE Smackdown

And this one!

SATURDAYS
8:00 FOX Sports Saturday

SUNDAYS
7:00 NFL Overrun/The OT/Animated Encores
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 Bob's Burgers
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 DUNCANVILLE
I think FOX will be less aggressive than they need to be on Sundays and just put one of their new animated comedies at the 9:30pm slot. That won't be the best move for it, but I think that's what they will do.

MIDSEASON: BLESS THE HARTS, DEPUTY, GENIUSES, PRODIGAL SON, Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back, Last Man Standing, Hell's Kitchen, Masterchef Junior, The Orville

CANCELLED/ENDED: The Cool Kids, The Gifted, Gotham, Lethal Weapon, Mental Samurai, The Passage, Proven Innocent, Rel, Star

No comments:

Post a Comment