Tuesday, May 9, 2017

UPFRONTS 2017: What FOX Will Do

Here is my FOX prediction!

Check out my FOX suggestion

Past FOX predictions: 2016   2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 Gotham
9:00 THE RESIDENT
When it comes to predicting FOX, I tend to think they won't be smart about scheduling. So while I think The Resident sounds like a losing show, it seems to me as though they might put it on Monday nights and I have them keeping Gotham here too. I think The X-Files will find its way on this night at some point in the season, but not in the fall.

TUESDAYS
8:00 Lethal Weapon
9:00 ORVILLE
I think FOX is going to let Lethal Weapon fly on its own and away from Empire. My prediction is Tuesdays at 8pm, paired with another light-hearted hour-long show, the Seth MacFarlane straight to series order Orville.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 UNTITLED MARVEL PROJECT
9:00 Empire
I tend to think FOX is going to leave Empire alone and air the Marvel show as a lead-in. There are no Marvel shows on Wednesdays and the only genre competition is the fading Arrow on the CW. I think they'll bet big on Wednesdays even though Marvel and Empire don't share a ton of the same audience.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Hell's Kitchen
9:00 Lucifer
I wouldn't be shocked to see Gotham and Lucifer stay together though too. But I do think FOX will air Hell's Kitchen on a weeknight and I could see them doing a hell-themed night with Lucifer at 9pm.

FRIDAYS
8:00 New Girl
8:30 Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9:00 Rosewood
I think FOX is going to renew all three of these shows but let them languish on Fridays and be fill-in shows too in case something goes wrong. It sounds like FOX might bring The Exorcist back, but I can't believe that will actually happen.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Sports/Encores

SUNDAYS
7:00 NFL Overrun/The OT
7:30 Bob's Burgers

8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 LA --> VEGAS
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 The Last Man on Earth
I'm completely not confident on the FOX schedule but I do think this is the night that I am most likely to get correct. The only question for me is whether it's LA--> Vegas or Ghosted as the new Sunday night show.

MIDSEASON: GHOSTED, LINDA FROM HR, SHOWTIME AT THE APOLLO, UNTITLED UNIVERSITY DRAMA, 24: Legacy, Masterchef Junior, The Mick, Prison Break, Star, The X-Files

CANCELLED/ENDED: APB, Bones, The Exorcist, Kicking & Screaming, Making History, My Kitchen Rules, Pitch, Scream Queens, Shots Fired, Sleepy Hollow, Son of Zorn, You the Jury

No comments:

Post a Comment