Tuesday, May 8, 2018

UPFRONTS 2018: What FOX Will Do

Here is my FOX schedule prediction!

Past FOX predictions: 2017   2016   2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

For my FOX suggestion, click here

MONDAYS
8:00 UNTITLED ILENE CHAIKIN/MELISSA SCRIVER LOVE
9:00 The Resident
I think the new Katie Holmes led drama seems like the type of show FOX might want to launch on Mondays at 8pm with a lot of football promotion the day before. I went back and forth on what the 9pm entry might be - it could be 9-1-1 or The Gifted, but I think they'll give The Resident a shot to stay in its current slot.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Orville
9:00 THE PASSAGE
I think FOX might ditch the comedy block, at least for now, on Tuesdays and turn it into its genre night with Thursdays now devoted to football. So I think a The Orville/The Passage pairing could happen here.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Empire
9:00 Star
Despite suggestions to the contrary, I expect FOX will keep its Wednesday lineup the same and still plan to have 9-1-1 as a winter replacement here along with a newbie.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Thursday Night Football
As announced.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Hell's Kitchen
9:00 Gotham
It sounds like Gotham is going to get renewed. If it does, I think it will get benched to Fridays along with Hell's Kitchen. If Gotham gets cancelled and Lucifer gets renewed, I think Lucifer goes here.

SATURDAYS
8:00 College Football

SUNDAYS
7:00 NFL Overrun/The OT/Animated Encores/Bob's Burgers
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 REL
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 Brooklyn Nine-Nine
I think FOX will try another new comedy after The Simpsons and I doubt the rumored Last Man Standing revival will be ready to go for the fall so I think comedy Rel is a possibility. I think FOX will determine that 9:30pm should go to some low priority veteran - maybe LA to Vegas, but I'm predicting Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

MIDSEASON: DAN THE WEATHERMAN, LAST MAN STANDING, UNTITLED DAVID ELLIOT/DANNY STRONG, UNTITLED ERIN FOSTER, 9-1-1, Cosmos, The Gifted, The Four, LA to Vegas, Lethal Weapon, Masterchef Junior

CANCELLED/ENDED: The Exorcist, Ghosted, Gotham, The Last Man on Earth, Lucifer, The Mick, New Girl, Showtime at the Apollo, The X-Files

No comments:

Post a Comment