Wednesday, May 8, 2019

UPFRONTS 2019: What ABC Will Do

Here is my ABC prediction!

For my ABC suggestion, click here

Past ABC predictions: 2018   2017   2016   2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 STUMPTOWN
9:00 The Good Doctor
10:00 HEART OF LIFE
ABC is the toughest network to predict for me, not just the pilots that go forward but the entire structure of their schedule. Will they move Dancing with the Stars? Will they cut down on comedy blocks? All questions I'm not sure about. But I'm going to predict that they do move Dancing to Sundays and try some dramas on Mondays. Whether that even happens or if they do, they put newbies at the front and back of The Good Doctor is nothing more than a guess. I wouldn't be shocked to see something like this though.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Conners
8:30 WOMAN UP
9:00 Black-ish
9:30 Single Parents
10:00 NYPD BLUE
Despite reasons not to, I think ABC does keep its two hour comedy block on Tuesdays and they only put a new comedy after The Conners. I think they will air NYPD Blue (a near lock for a pick-up) in its old Tuesday 10pm slot because they'll think it can self-start even with weak comedies in front of it.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 The Goldbergs
8:30 Schooled
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 UNTITLED HANNAH SIMONE PROJECT
10:00 The Rookie
I think ABC will try to let Modern Family be a lead-in one more time and my guess is the Hannah Simone pilot though it sounds like ABC isn't completely thrilled with any of their comedy pilots. I could see them moving The Rookie to Wednesdays or premiering a new drama.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Grey's Anatomy
9:00 A Million Little Things
10:00 How to Get Away with Murder
I think ABC will hold Station 19 for midseason and let A Million Little Things get its 9pm slot back. I do think we'll get a final season announcement next week or in the summer for How to Get Away with Murder.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Fresh Off the Boat
8:30 The Kids Are Alright
9:00 20/20
I think ABC will stick with one hour of comedies on Fridays but maybe switch out Speechless for a mercy renewal of The Kids Are Alright. A two hour 20/20 was pretty successful for them. I think they keep it.

SATURDAYS
8:00 College Football

SUNDAYS
7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Dancing with the Stars
10:00 Shark Tank
I think ABC will really double down on reality Sundays by finally moving Dancing with the Stars to the night and leading it into Shark Tank, just as American Idol did this spring.

MIDSEASON: THE BAKER AND THE BEAUTY, MIXED-ISH, TRIANGLE, UNTITLED HANK STEINBERG/50 CENT PROJECT, American Housewife, American Idol, The Bachelor, For the People, The Great American Baking Show, The Great Christmas Light Fight, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Speechless, Station 19

CANCELLED/ENDED: The Alec Baldwin Show, Bless This Mess, Child Support, Dancing with the Stars Junior, The Fix, Splitting Up Together, Whiskey Cavalier

No comments:

Post a Comment