Wednesday, May 10, 2017

UPFRONTS 2017: What ABC Will Do

Here is my ABC prediction!

For my ABC suggestion, click here

Past ABC predictions: 2016   2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 Dancing with the Stars
10:00 DECEPTION
This was my prediction and also what I think will happen. Deception seems like an obvious Monday 10pm candidate.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Middle

8:30 American Housewife
9:00 Black-ish
9:30 Fresh Off the Boat
10:00 THE CROSSING
It sounds like ABC may not pick up that many comedies so I think they'll not add any comedies to Tuesday night and instead go with Black-ish coming over to 9pm and being paired with Fresh Off the Boat moving back half an hour. I don't like the idea at all but I think it's quite possible that The Crossing takes the 10pm slot. It seems like an ABC move.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 The Goldbergs
8:30 Speechless
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 START UP
10:00 Designated Survivor
I do think ABC will make one change by adding a comedy to the Wednesday lineup. My prediction is Start Up, but it could be many different shows.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Grey's Anatomy
9:00 UNTITLED PAUL WILLIAM DAVIES
10:00 How to Get Away with Murder
I think ABC will choose to leave Scandal on the bench again and go with an actual TGIT show to take the 9pm slot instead of a knock off like last year's Notorious. This will allow them to let Scandal take the 9pm slot if it fails or the 10pm slot when Murder ends if it's a success.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Last Man Standing
8:30 HOUSEHOLD NAME
9:00 Shark Tank
10:00 20/20
I know there are rumors that Last Man Standing is in trouble (as always) and that Household Name may not get a pickup. But I think both things happen. I can't imagine ABC cancelling Last Man, which continues to get solid ratings. I think Shark Tank and 20/20 stay put.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Sports/Encores

SUNDAYS
7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 MARVEL'S THE INHUMANS
9:00 Once Upon a Time
10:00 Quantico
It seems quite likely that American Idol will head to Sundays in March after today's news that the deal is done. Therefore, they need nothing permanent for the fall. Marvel's The Inhumans has only eight episodes ordered while Once Upon a Time and Quantico seem likely to get renewed but are really weak at this point. So this is a little bit of a surrender which I don't like, but do predict. Game shows could fill the 8pm slot after Inhumans ends and before Idol arrives.

MIDSEASON: AMERICAN IDOL, THE GOOD DOCTOR, THE GOSPEL OF KEVIN, ROSEANNE, SPLITTING UP TOGETHER, TEN DAYS IN THE VALLEY, UNTITLED CITY MAYOR PROJECT, The Bachelor, The Great American Baking Show, The Great Christmas Light Fight, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Match Game, Scandal, To Tell the Truth

CANCELLED/ENDED: American Crime, Big Fan, The Catch, Conviction, Dr. Ken, Imaginary Mary, Notorious, People Icons, The Real O'Neals, Secrets and Lies, Time After Time, The Toy Box

No comments:

Post a Comment