Wednesday, May 9, 2018

UPFRONTS 2018: What ABC Will Do

Here is my ABC prediction!

Past ABC predictions: 2017   2016   2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

For my ABC suggestion, click here

MONDAYS
8:00 Dancing with the Stars
10:00 The Good Doctor
I know there are a million things ABC could do with Monday including shifting The Good Doctor to an earlier hour and moving Dancing with the Stars to Sunday. But this is the network that kept Castle after Dancing for nearly a decade. I don't see them changing anything here.

TUESDAYS
8:00 Roseanne
8:30 MAN OF THE HOUSE
9:00 Black-ish
9:30 Splitting Up Together
10:00 THE ROOKIE
I believe Roseanne will not be held until midseason like it was this year and will be paired with a new show. Could be anything but I'm betting on a multi-camera show. I think the 9pm hour will stay put and The Rookie could be a 10pm option with some more clout thanks to star Nathan Fillion than recent 10pm entries.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 The Goldbergs

8:30 UNTITLED TIM DOYLE PROJECT
9:00 Modern Family
9:30 American Housewife
10:00 FALSE PROFITS
I think Wednesdays will see new shows at 8:30pm and 10pm. The 70s family comedy seems like a great fit for this night. The Goldbergs spinoff is also a possibility for this slot, but I think they will hold that until midseason. ABC better not keep Designated Survivor at 10pm another year so I'm taking a guess they will go with the drama False Profits.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Grey's Anatomy
9:00 Station 19
10:00 How to Get Away with Murder
I think ABC will put the only Shonda shows left together (assuming no surprise renewal for For the People). With ABC likely moving away from the TGIT brand, I don't see them launching a new show here.

FRIDAYS
8:00 The Toy Box

9:00 Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
10:00 20/20
It seems likely Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will get renewed so I think Fridays will be another year of surrendering by ABC with a lineup like this.

SATURDAYS
8:00 College Football

SUNDAYS
7:00 America's Funniest Home Videos
8:00 Shark Tank
9:00 THE MISSION
10:00 Deception
ABC has to keep in mind that American Idol will be back here at midseason so I think low priority shows will be Sunday night: a reality staple, a less "big" new show, and a procedural that would get cancelled if not returned to its previous slot.

MIDSEASON: GRAND HOTEL, A MILLION LITTLE THINGS, SINGLE PARENTS, TAKE TWO, UNTITLED GOLDBERGS SPINOFF, WHISKEY CAVALIER, American Idol, The Bachelor, Child Support, Designated Survivor, Fresh Off the Boat, Speechless
Like this year, I think ABC may hold off on some big shows for midseason.

CANCELLED/ENDED: Alex Inc., The Crossing, For the People, Kevin (Probably) Saves the World, Marvel's Inhumans, The Mayor, The Middle, Once Upon a Time, Quantico, Scandal, Ten Days in the Valley

No comments:

Post a Comment