Monday, May 7, 2018

UPFRONTS 2018: What NBC Will Do

Last week, I gave suggestions for each network. This week I will give my predictions! I don't expect this to be right but it's always fun to guess based on what I know about the pilots and the networks.

Past NBC Predictions: 2017   2016   2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

For my NBC suggestion, click here

MONDAYS
8:00 The Voice
10:00 LA'S FINEST
I think it's pretty obvious that NBC will do The Voice and a new drama on Monday as they pretty much have every year since The Voice began. My prediction for this year is the Jessica Alba/Gabrielle Union led cop drama LA's Finest.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Voice
9:00 This is Us
10:00 THE VILLAGE
Last year, almost everyone (including me) thought NBC would pair This is Us with Rise, but instead they had Rise replace This is Us. That didn't work out great so I predict they will actually pair their #1 drama with the show that seems to be the most obvious fit, and that is The Village.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 NEW AMSTERDAM
9:00 Law & Order: SVU
10:00 Chicago PD
NBC has already picked up New Amsterdam to series and I think it will get the Wednesday 8pm slot. It would be very easy for NBC to slide Chicago Med here if things don't work out, but I think they'll try a new medical drama first.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Superstore
8:30 The Good Place
9:00 Will & Grace
9:30 ABBY'S
10:00 Chicago Fire
I don't think this is necessarily a smart idea, but I think the Thursday lineup will stay the same except for a new entry at 9:30pm. Multi-camera bar comedy Abby's seems like a solid bet on the old Cheers night.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Blindspot

9:00 The Blacklist
10:00 Dateline NBC
I think Fridays could go a lot of ways. I could see shows like Chicago Med or Good Girls here, but I am going to predict they will go with former Monday occupants Blindspot and The Blacklist. Blindspot may not even make it, but I'm gonna go ahead and predict these one time centerpieces get the Friday slots.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Encores
Of course.

SUNDAYS
7:00 Football Night in America
8:30 Sunday Night Football
Of course again. Midseason here... I'm not sure but perhaps The Gilded Age and some reality shows. Maybe Timeless again if it manages to snag another renewal.

MIDSEASON: BRIGHT FUTURES, THE GILDED AGE, LIKE FAMILY, MAINFEST, NO WAY BACK, Better Late Than Never, Chicago Med, Ellen's Game of Games, Good Girls, Little Big Shots, Timeless, The Wall

CANCELLED/ENDED: A.P. Bio, The Brave, Champions, Genius Junior, Great News, Law & Order True Crime, Rise, Taken

No comments:

Post a Comment