Monday, May 8, 2017

UPFRONTS 2017: What NBC Will Do

Last week, I gave my suggestions for each network. This week will be my predictions! Here is my NBC prediction.

Check out my NBC suggestion

Past NBC predictions: 2016   2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 The Voice
10:00 FOR GOD AND COUNTRY
I went back and forth on whether NBC will go with For God and Country or Law & Order: True Crime here (actually I also think Rise is also a small possibility for this slot). But For God and Country seems most likely to get this coveted slot because it's most similar to shows that have had at least fleeting success here.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Voice
9:00 This is Us
10:00 RISE
This is Us and Rise pairing up together seems too perfect to pass up. Then again, I thought the same thing with Empire and Star last year so we'll see. I like my suggestion for Tuesday more than this but this is what I think they will go with.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Chicago Fire
9:00 Chicago PD
10:00 Law & Order: SVU
I think the Chicago crossover in March where Chicago Fire aired at 8pm into Chicago PD was a trial balloon and it was successful so I think this is the move NBC makes. I don't think they'll go with three straight Chicago hours, so I think the veteran Law & Order: SVU slides back to 10pm.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Superstore
8:30 The Good Place
9:00 WILL & GRACE
9:30 RELATIVELY HAPPY
10:00 Chicago Med
We know Will & Grace is coming in the fall and I highly doubt they'll hold Superstore or The Good Place for midseason, so I think a two hour comedy block on Thursdays followed by Chicago Med is quite possible. There's not a ton of buzz for Relatively Happy but it's a multi-cam from Will & Grace people so I think it gets the 9:30pm slot.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Timeless
9:00 Chicago Justice
10:00 Dateline NBC
Sort of like Code Black on CBS last year, it seems like the tide is shifting in a good way for Timeless as Upfronts near and I'm starting to think NBC is going to give it another chance because it has some loyal fans and did well in delayed viewing so I think they're going to take a shot with it at Fridays. Chicago Justice doesn't really belong on any other night so I think they'll also give it a try here.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Encores

SUNDAYS
7:00 Football Night in America
8:30 Sunday Night Football

MIDSEASON: CHAMPIONS, GOOD GIRLS, LAW & ORDER: TRUE CRIME, REVERIE, THE SACKETT SISTERS, UNTITLED SETH MEYERS/MIKE O'BRIEN The Blacklist, Little Big Shots, Shades of Blue, Taken, Trial & Error

CANCELLED/ENDED: The Blacklist: Redemption, Blindspot, Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon, Emerald City, First Dates, Great News, Grimm, The New Celebrity Apprentice, Powerless

No comments:

Post a Comment