Sunday, October 28, 2012

QUICK HITS: Sunday, October 28

As I did previously, I will offer Quick Hits once every so often when I have enough quick thoughts to post on the quality of the shows I'm currently watching...

-- The show that's winning the Conspiracy Contest is... Scandal over Revenge. Don't get me wrong, I am still really enjoying Revenge but the bigger the conspiracies get and the more convoluted the plots intertwine, the less interested I become. The simple Revenge driven plot of season 1 was so interesting but it can't go on forever. So while I understand why they have to twist more plots, I just don't know if I care as much. On the other hand, the plot twists and conspiracies in Scandal continue to shock me. Maybe it's because the conspiracies are more realistic with high level DC power players than the rich folks of the Hamptons, but I just love every new twist in Scandal, particularly the final scene of the most recent episode.

-- My feelings on the new shows I'm still watching in 5 words...
Go On - Sweet but not appointment viewing
Ben and Kate - Get rid of British girl
The Mindy Project - I'm about to give up
Vegas - I wish it was better
Nashville - My favorite. Love Connie Britton
Guys with Kids - Better than you would think
Chicago Fire - I haven't given up yet
Elementary - Just can't get into it

-- The best Halloween episode of the season belonged to... Parks and Recreation. I love Halloween episodes in general but this year's best was easily thanks to the (SPOILER ALERT) sweet and surprising engagement of Leslie and Ben. The scene was so masterfully played by Amy Poehler that it further proved why it is consistently the best sitcom on TV today. It's a shame that more people don't watch.

-- I wish networks would... air more busted pilots. I ultimately ended up feeling the same way about Mockingbird Lane as NBC did but it was really interesting to watch. I wish networks would still air their pilots that they don't pick up like they used to way back when. Every pilot season there are shows that I'm so interested to see that don't get picked up. It wouldn't hurt them to dump it somewhere... even a Saturday in the summer. After all, they did already pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment