Thursday, May 11, 2017

UPFRONTS 2017: What CBS Will Do

Here is my CBS schedule prediction!

For my CBS suggestion, click here

Past CBS predictions: 2016   2015   2014   2013   2012   2011

MONDAYS
8:00 (Sep) The Big Bang Theory/(Oct) Kevin Can Wait
8:30 (Sep) YOUNG SHELDON/(Oct) 9J, 9K, & 9L
9:00 Man with a Plan
9:30 Life in Pieces
10:00 Scorpion
I'm leaning towards the belief that CBS will do what they did two years ago and move their entire 8pm hour from Monday to Thursday after football because I can't imagine they're going to want to wait until the end of October to launch Young Sheldon. So I think they'll do Big Bang and Young Sheldon in the fall and hope that they will help Man with a Plan and Life in Pieces. Then in October, I think they will bring Kevin Can Wait back and pair it with a new sitcom, perhaps 9J, 9K, & 9L.

TUESDAYS
8:00 NCIS
9:00 Bull
10:00 UNTITLED NAVY SEALS PROJECT
I'm inclined to believe that CBS is not going to give a new drama the 9pm slot because they know Bull can survive against This is Us. I'm not too sold on a 10pm drama doing well but that is what I think they'll do, possibly with one of many military drama pilots this year - the Navy Seals project.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Survivor
9:00 Criminal Minds
10:00 S.W.A.T.
I think it's absolutely time to move Criminal Minds to 10pm but CBS never seems to want to do that. So I think it stays at 9pm and they launch S.W.A.T. starring Minds alum Shemar Moore at 10pm. Watch this be the year they finally do move Minds to 10pm.

THURSDAYS
(Sep) 8:00 Thursday Night Football

(Nov)
8:00 The Big Bang Theory
8:30 YOUNG SHELDON
9:00 Superior Donuts
9:30 Mom
10:00 NCIS: New Orleans
We know football is on for the first two months and CBS has had a hard time launching shows after football ends. So I think they'll be conservative this year and only bring Young Sheldon over from its Monday run. I think they'll give Superior Donuts a decent shot at getting more of an audience and be conservative at the end of the night with Mom and a transplanted NCIS: New Orleans.

FRIDAYS
8:00 MacGyver
9:00 Hawaii Five-0
10:00 Blue Bloods
I think Fridays will and should remain the same.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Encores
10:00 48 Hours

SUNDAYS
7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 NCIS: Los Angeles
9:00 INSTINCT
10:00 Madam Secretary
I think CBS will try to liven up Sunday but not mess with NCIS: Los Angeles, which was a success airing out of football last fall. I think they'll try Instinct with Alan Cumming at 9pm and hope they can create an upscale block between that and Madam Secretary.

MIDSEASON: BROTHERED UP, PERFECT CITIZEN, WISDOM OF THE CROWD, 2 Broke Girls, The Amazing Race, Elementary, Undercover Boss

CANCELLED/ENDED: Code Black, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Doubt, The Great Indoors, Hunted, The Odd Couple, Pure Genius, Ransom, Training Day

No comments:

Post a Comment