Wednesday, May 1, 2013

FRESHMAN SCORECARD: May 2013

It's time for the final Freshman Scorecard of the season! I will keep this brief because I will address a lot of these shows in my Upfronts posts. So here we go. As always, these are ranked from best to worst chance of survival. Check out my May scorecards from 2012 and 2011 as well as the April scorecard.

ABC

Nashville - ABC's only semi-successful new drama is a slam dunk for renewal despite modest ratings.

How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) - It got off to a great start but has dropped heavily since it had to follow Modern Family repeats. Tonight's episode is important for this show but I think ABC will give it another year.

Malibu Country - Friday is saving this show from dropping on the list. I think ABC will keep it on the night at least for half a season.

The Neighbors - How to Live doing decently is not helping The Neighbors case but a Friday spot is still possible.

Splash/The Taste - I really don't think either of these shows are coming back. I would probably give a slight edge to Splash but neither one deserves to come back.

Red Widow - No chance.

Zero Hour/Last Resort/666 Park Avenue - Cancelled

CBS

Elementary - Renewed

Golden Boy - I suppose this could pull an Unforgettable and get a summer reprieve but I doubt it.

Vegas - No chance for one of the most hyped new dramas.

The Job/Partners/Made in Jersey - Cancelled

NBC

Chicago Fire/Revolution - Renewed

Hannibal - Despite steadily dropping ratings, I think this still has a chance for a midseason return because it did start off with a little bit of promise.

Go On - I still think this has the best chance of the freshmen to return.

Guys with Kids - Rumor has it this has a chance to return with a new multi-cam so I guess it depends on where NBC goes in that direction.

The New Normal/1600 Penn/Deception/Take it All - No chance. At least I don't think so.

Animal Practice/Do No Harm/Ready for Love - Cancelled

FOX

The Following/The Mindy Project - Renewed

Ben and Kate/The Mob Doctor - Cancelled

No comments:

Post a Comment