Sunday, October 27, 2019

QUICK HITS: My CBS Midseason Schedule Suggestion

Here is my midseason schedule suggestion for CBS!

It's been a rough fall for CBS. Their newbies all had rough premieres, but the good news is they've stabilized a little quicker than newbies on other networks. Given that there is not much promising on the bench, I think CBS needs to try to be patient with these new shows and see how they do over the course of a season. It might mean for a major reboot next fall, but I don't think they can make all the moves they need to at midseason so the next best option is to hold steady and see what happens.

MONDAYS
8:00 The Neighborhood
8:30 (Jan) Bob Hearts Abishola/(Apr) Man with a Plan
9:00 All Rise
10:00 Bull
CBS Mondays aren't working great but they aren't a disaster (that's sort of a theme for CBS this season). Given the extension of episode orders for the newbies and not much on the best, I would leave Mondays alone I guess until towards the end of the season when Man with a Plan can air into summer.

TUESDAYS
8:00 NCIS
9:00 FBI
10:00 NCIS: New Orleans
Tuesdays are working pretty well for CBS. I would leave it alone and yes, that means I would not put the FBI spinoff on the night.

WEDNESDAYS
(Jan)
8:00 Tough as Nails
9:00 Criminal Minds
10:00 Criminal Minds

(mid Feb)
8:00 Survivor
9:00 FBI: Most Wanted
10:00 SEAL Team
I would let the final 10 episode run run of Criminal Minds double pump by making it a January filler back in its original timeslot as well as 10pm. I would put a new reality show before it. In February, I am using the Chicago method when Chicago Fire aired on one night and Chicago PD premiered on a new night instead of following the mothership. I would let it follow the spring run of Survivor and slide SEAL Team back to 10pm where it belongs (if it has to air at all).

THURSDAYS
8:00 Young Sheldon
8:30 The Unicorn
9:00 Mom
9:30 (Jan) Broke/(Mar) Carol's Second Act
10:00 (Jan) Evil/(Feb) S.W.A.T.
I would leave the first 90 minutes of Thursdays alone. I would premiere Broke in January and then bring Carol's Second Act back later in the season. We know Evil only has a 13 episode order so I would replace it by bringing S.W.A.T. back to its old timeslot.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Hawaii Five-0
9:00 Magnum P.I.
10:00 Blue Bloods
I would leave Fridays alone unless Magnum P.I. really tanks and then they always have MacGyver available on the bench.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Encores
10:00 48 Hours

SUNDAYS
7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 God Friended Me
9:00 Tommy
10:00 NCIS: Los Angeles
I am not sure NCIS: Los Angeles deserves to move to 10pm, but I'm going to put it there anywhere and let Tommy get the 9pm slot. If Tommy bombs, they could always switch slots.

ENDED: Madam Secretary

SAVE FOR SUMMER: The Amazing Race, MacGyver

No comments:

Post a Comment