Sunday, September 23, 2018

FALL PREVIEW 2018: In Summary

I hope you enjoyed this week's Fall Preview! Check back regularly for pilot reviews!

Here are my predictions for the season. Last year, I had an OK year of predicting. I correctly predicted The Good Doctor, SEAL Team, Young Sheldon, The Gifted, and Dynasty would survive. I mistakenly thought The Mayor, The Brave, and Law & Order: True Crime would join that list. I correctly predicted cancellations of Kevin (Probably) Saves the World, Marvel's The Inhumans, Ten Days in the Valley, 9JKL, Me Myself & I, Wisdom of the Crowd, Ghosted, and Valor. I mistakenly thought The Orville and S.W.A.T. would also be cancelled.

Here are my predictions for this year!

Shows I Think Will Make It to Season 2
The Conners (ABC)
Kids are Alright (ABC)
The Rookie (ABC)
Single Parents (ABC)
A Million Little Things (ABC)
The Neighborhood (CBS)
Magnum P.I. (CBS)
F.B.I. (CBS)
Murphy Brown (CBS)
Manifest (NBC)
All American (CW)
Charmed (CW)

Shows I Think Will Be One and Done
Dancing with the Stars Junior (ABC)
The Alec Baldwin Show (ABC)
Happy Together (CBS)
God Friended Me (CBS)
New Amsterdam (NBC)
I Feel Bad (NBC)
The Cool Kids (FOX)
Rel (FOX)
Legacies (CW)

Finally, here are the Top 5 Broadcast Fall Shows I'm excited about:

Close Calls: The Kids are Alright (ABC), The Rookie (ABC), God Friended Me (CBS), and the sheer curiosity of The Conners (ABC)

5) Manifest (NBC) - I am very nervous about this one because shows like this have burned me time and time again. But hope springs eternal. Maybe this one actually has a plan and won't get too convoluted.

4) Murphy Brown (CBS) - I like but don't love the original. I do think it has a story to tell in the Trump era and I'm hopeful it can remember the best things about the original without being too self indulgent like it sometimes could be.

3) All American (CW) - I'm hopeful this might fill the Friday Night Lights sized hole in my heart. Maybe that's putting too much pressure on it, but it seems interesting.

2) Single Parents (ABC) - This was my favorite comedy trailer in the spring and I like the cast. It also has a slightly different take on the ABC family comedy genre so I'm hoping it will be the next great addition.

1) A Million Little Things (ABC) - Yes, I know it probably only got greenlighted because of This is Us, but shows like this are always types of shows I like with the rich character drama. I'm hopeful it doesn't seem like a cheap knockoff but instead has an equally compelling story to tell.

At midseason, I am excited for The Fix (ABC), Whiskey Cavalier (ABC), The Red Line (CBS), Abby's (NBC), and The Village (NBC)

On streaming, I am excited for: The Romanoffs (Amazon), Homecoming (Amazon), The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix), and The Kominsky Method (Netflix)

No comments:

Post a Comment