Friday, November 3, 2017

QUICK HITS: CW Midseason Schedule Suggestion

Here is my midseason CW schedule! The CW has four shows waiting in the wings and only programs 10 hours so there's less options than the other networks.

MONDAYS
8:00 Supergirl
9:00 (Jan) Dynasty/(Mar) iZombie
For the second year in a row, CW has struck out with their fall freshman dramas. But I think one should get at least a small extension and I would let Dynasty try its luck on Mondays for a little while, though I doubt it will help. In March, I would replace it with iZombie.

TUESDAYS
8:00 The Flash
9:00 (Jan) DC's Legends of Tomorrow/(Feb) Black Lightning
I think we all expect Black Lightning to take over for DC's Legends of Tomorrow and that is the right move. I think the idea of the CW starting to consolidate its superhero shows to a couple nights and this helps to that end.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 Riverdale
9:00 Life Sentence
While their fall freshmen have been flops for two years, the CW stumbled into a big success with Riverdale, which picked up a lot of viewers over the summer and has been one of the few shows on any network to post nice year to year growth. So of course it should stay at 8pm. I would put promising freshman Life Sentence after it even if it's not a tonal fit. It is possibly the best slot CW has for a show like this.

THURSDAYS
8:00 Supernatural
9:00 Arrow
I would leave Thursdays alone. This pair of veterans has worked decently in the fall and the CW needs to focus on other nights.

FRIDAYS
(Jan)
8:00 Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
9:00 Jane the Virgin

(Feb)
8:00 The Originals
9:00 The 100
I would let Friday be the dumping ground, first for their low rated dramedies and then for their low priority veterans starting around February.

CANCEL: Valor

No comments:

Post a Comment