Sunday, September 18, 2011

FALL PREVIEW 2011: In Summary

I hope you have enjoyed this week's Fall Preview. Now the fun begins with the official fall season launching. Check back regularly for the rundowns (including the return of ratings predictions), more in-depth ratings recaps, and pilot reviews. I may not be able to get the review up as quickly as I'd like but I will sample every new show and get a review up as soon as I can!

But before the fun begins, here is my official predictions on what new shows will see a season 2. Last year, I correctly predicted that Mike & Molly, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, and Raising Hope would be back. Of course I thought Detroit 1-8-7, Better With You, The Event, Undercovers, School Pride (!), and Law & Order: Los Angeles would return as well. The only show I predicted to get cancelled that is back is Body of Proof but that was on the premise that it would air in its originally planned timeslot on Friday nights. I correctly predicted that No Ordinary Family, The Whole Truth, My Generation, The Defenders, $#*!  My Dad Says, Chase, Outsourced, Outlaw, Lone Star, and Running Wilde would not be around this season.

So here goes.

Shows I Think Will Make it to a Season 2
Suburgatory (ABC)
Charlie's Angels (ABC)
Pan Am (ABC)
Two Broke Girls (CBS)
Person of Interest (CBS) 
Up All Night (NBC) 
Prime Suspect (NBC)
Terra Nova (FOX)
New Girl (FOX)
The X-Factor (FOX)
Allen Gregory (FOX) 
A few notes: This might be a little ambitious considering only four of last season's fall shows are back, but I think this slate is better than last fall's. I think a few of these will be given patience even if the ratings don't pan out at first including Up All Night and Pan Am.  

Shows I Think Will Get Cancelled
Last Man Standing (ABC)
Man Up! (ABC)
Revenge (ABC)
Once Upon a Time (ABC)
Unforgettable (CBS)
How to Be a Gentleman (CBS)
A Gifted Man (CBS)
The Playboy Club (NBC)
Free Agents (NBC)
Whitney (NBC)
Grimm (NBC)
A few notes: Probably the boldest prediction on this list is Unforgettable which is in every position to succeed but I just don't see it working.


And finally... the top 5 shows I am most excited for
5) Terra Nova - I'm just excited to see the production level on this one.
4) Once Upon a Time - It could be really campy but I'm really intrigued.
3) Two Broke Girls - Sitcoms have a tough time early on I think creatively but this one has had good clips, which most other sitcoms can't say.
2) Person of Interest - Looks like a thrilling procedural!
1) Pan Am - I'm a sucker for 1960s shows and this one seems like it'll be an exciting escapist show.

At midseason, I am very excited for Smash, Alcatraz, Awake, The River, and GCB. Some really exciting shows are being held for midseason this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment