Monday, November 13, 2017

QUICK HITS: CBS Midseason Schedule Suggestion

Here are my CBS schedule suggestions! As usual, CBS doesn't have a ton on the bench but they also have some nights that are definitely having trouble. This might be a year they wish they had more shows on the bench.

MONDAYS
8:00 Kevin Can Wait
8:30 Man with a Plan
9:00 By the Book
9:30 Superior Donuts
10:00 Instinct
CBS has tweaked their Monday lineup but the next thing that needs to go is 9JKL, which needs to be cancelled. I don't love the idea of By the Book or Instinct here, but I'm also not high on either of those shows so I guess I'd give them a chance here. I can't imagine they'd be worse offerings than 9JKL and Scorpion.

TUESDAYS
8:00 NCIS
9:00 Bull 
10:00 NCIS: New Orleans
I would leave Tuesdays alone. It's arguably the most stable and solid CBS night.

WEDNESDAYS
8:00 (Jan) Undercover Boss/(late Feb) Survivor
9:00 SEAL Team
10:00 Criminal Minds
CBS doesn't have an obvious filler for Survivor so I would put a short run of Undercover Boss here. Despite its struggles, SEAL Team has a full season so I'd leave it at 9pm. Criminal Minds has made an OK transition to 10pm.

THURSDAYS
8:00 The Big Bang Theory

8:30 Young Sheldon
9:00 Mom
9:30 Life in Pieces
10:00 (Jan) S.W.A.T./(Mar) Code Black
The Thursday comedy lineup is working well right now so I'd leave it alone. S.W.A.T. has only aired two episodes but I don't think it's going to deserve a back order so this is where I would eventually air the third season of Code Black.

FRIDAYS
8:00 MacGyver
9:00 Hawaii Five-0
10:00 Blue Bloods
Fridays are lower rated than Tuesdays but still quite solid and stable.

SATURDAYS
8:00 Encores
9:00 Elementary
10:00 48 Hours
I would even bother with putting Elementary on a different night. It's renewed mainly for syndication reasons. Let it air on Saturdays.

SUNDAYS
7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 NCIS: Los Angeles
9:00 Scorpion
10:00 Madam Secretary
Between its low ratings and the Jeremy Piven scandal, I would cancel Wisdom of the Crowd. I think NCIS: Los Angeles should go back to 8pm and I would try Scorpion at 9pm because it is dying on Monday nights and something needs to be tried.

CANCEL: Wisdom of the Crowd, 9JKL

SAVE FOR SUMMER: The Amazing Race

No comments:

Post a Comment