Wednesday, October 18, 2017

QUICK HITS: FOX Midseason Schedule Suggestion

Over the next couple weeks, I will be giving midseason schedule suggestions for all the networks, starting with FOX! Considering the state of most of their nights, FOX has shockingly little on the bench and I think that will make for a rough spring.

MONDAYS
(Jan)
8:00 The X-Files
9:00 9-1-1

(Apr)
8:00 New Girl
8:30 Brooklyn Nine-Nine
9:00 9-1-1
I think the general consensus is that The X-Files will pair with The Resident at midseason, but I think that's a bad idea because The Resident looks terrible in my opinion. I would combine it with Ryan Murphy's 9-1-1 and start the lineup in mid January (while taking two weeks off when NBC is airing the Olympics). In late spring, I would burn off the final season of New Girl and what will probably be the final season of the very low rated Brooklyn Nine-Nine too.

TUESDAYS
(Jan)
8:00 Lethal Weapon
9:00 The Mick
9:30 LA to Vegas

(Mar)
8:00 The Four
9:00 Lethal Weapon
I would give LA to Vegas a football preview during the playoffs but I'm not too excited about its prospects so I would slot it in the current Brooklyn Nine-Nine slot. In March, I would try the new singing competition The Four and let Lethal Weapon slide back an hour temporarily.

WEDNESDAYS
(Jan)
8:00 Masterchef Junior
9:00 The Resident

(late March)
8:00 Empire
9:00 Star
Empire and Star are a good pair and will stay together so when they're off in the winter, I would air the always reliable Masterchef Junior into the new The Resident. It still gives Resident a decent slot, but not airing after their biggest midseason prospect (The X-Files).

THURSDAYS
8:00 Gotham
9:00 Lucifer
I would slide Lucifer over to Thursdays once The Orville ends. It was a good pair with Gotham on Mondays and I think it will help keep Thursdays afloat.

FRIDAYS
8:00 Showtime at the Apollo
9:00 Gordon Ramsay's 24 Hours to Hell and Back
I would let Fridays go unscripted and try Showtime at the Apollo with the latest Gordon Ramsay series. This won't do much but it won't be an epic bomb like The Exorcist.

SUNDAYS
7:00 Encores
7:30 Bob's Burgers
8:00 The Simpsons
8:30 Ghosted
9:00 Family Guy
9:30 The Last Man on Earth
I would actually leave Sundays alone. I'd imagine LA to Vegas will go here but I think they're better leaving well enough alone.

ENDING: The Gifted, Hell's Kitchen, The Orville
These three shows have limited episode orders so they won't air all year.

CANCEL: The Exorcist

No comments:

Post a Comment