Sunday, September 24, 2017

FALL PREVIEW 2017: In Summary

I hope you enjoyed this week's Fall Preview! Check back regularly this week for pilot reviews!

Here are my predictions for this season. Last year, I was correct that Speechless, Designated Survivor, Kevin Can Wait, Bull, This is Us, and Lethal Weapon would survive. I mistakenly thought Conviction, The Great Indoors, and No Tomorrow would join the list. I correctly predicted the cancellations of Notorious, Pure Genius, Pitch, Son of Zorn, and Frequency but I thought a lot more would get cancelled: American Housewife, Man with a Plan, MacGyver, Timeless, The Good Place, and The Exorcist.

So here are my predictions this year! I'm not too high on this year's group of newbies so I think I might even be a little generous with these predictions.

Shows I Think Will Make It to Season 2
The Good Doctor (ABC)
The Mayor (ABC)
SEAL Team (CBS)

Young Sheldon (CBS)
The Brave (NBC)
Law & Order: True Crime (NBC)
Will & Grace (NBC) - already renewed
The Gifted (FOX)
Dynasty (CW)

Shows I Think Will Be One and Done
Kevin (Probably) Saves the World (ABC)
Marvel's The Inhumans (ABC)
Ten Days in the Valley (ABC)
9JKL (CBS)
Me, Myself, and I (CBS)
S.W.A.T. (CBS)
Wisdom of the Crowd (CBS)
The Orville (FOX)
Ghosted (FOX)
Valor (CW)

Finally, the top 5 shows I'm most excited for. Last year among my Top 5, I stuck with Pitch, This is Us, and Designated Survivor but not with Speechless and Conviction.

I'm Mildly Curious About: SEAL Team (CBS), Young Sheldon (CBS), Ghosted (FOX)

5) Ten Days in the Valley (ABC)
I wasn't too excited about this at first but the reviews have me intrigued and a limited series with an actual endpoint is always a plus for a show like this.

4) Me, Myself, and I (CBS)
I like Bobby Moynihan and I like the concept of this, which feels like a comedic This is Us. I'm curious to see what this looks like on a weekly basis.

3) The Mayor (ABC)
This seems fresh and fun and enjoyable. I think it could easily be the year's best new comedy.

2) Law & Order True Crime (NBC)
While I think this could seem like a very inferior version of American Crime Story, it's still a true crime story with a 90s setting. What's not to like?

1) The Good Doctor (ABC)
I'm a little leery here because I don't always end up loving medical dramas but I like Freddie Highmore a lot and I'm curious about the autism angle.

In midseason, I'm excited about Rise (NBC), 9-1-1 (FOX), Alex, Inc. (ABC), Deception (ABC), and Life Sentence (CW)

No comments:

Post a Comment