Wednesday, November 9, 2016

QUICK HITS: Midseason Schedule Suggestion for CBS

After a long wait, here are my midseason CBS thoughts!

MONDAYS
8:00 Kevin Can Wait
8:30 Man with a Plan
9:00 2 Broke Girls
9:30 The Odd Couple/The Great Indoors
10:00 Scorpion
Mondays are not going great but I wouldn't make too much of a change. I would let the Monday 8pm family comedies stay for the year because Kevin Can Wait definitely deserves it and Man with a Plan might hang on enough. The only change I would make is eventually ending The Odd Couple before a full season and bringing over The Great Indoors, which is underwhelming on Thursdays.

TUESDAYS
8:00 NCIS
9:00 Bull
10:00 NCIS: New Orleans
I would leave Tuesdays alone. They are working pretty well for CBS.

WEDNESDAYS
(Jan-early Feb)
8:00 Undercover Boss
9:00 Criminal Minds
10:00 Code Black

(late Feb-May)
8:00 Survivor
9:00 Doubt
10:00 Criminal Minds
I would let Undercover Boss be the bridge show between Survivor seasons because its old Friday and Sunday slots both have more stable shows. I would also let Code Black air through to February. Then in February, I would try the new Doubt at 9pm before Empire comes back and let the declining Criminal Minds finally make the move to 10pm.

THURSDAYS
8:00 The Big Bang Theory
8:30 Superior Donuts
9:00 Mom
9:30 Life in Pieces
10:00 Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders
I think Pure Genius needs to be cancelled and The Great Indoors can go on hiatus before resurfacing on Mondays. In early January, which is always a good time of year for CBS, I would launch Superior Donuts, which seems like it has potential, behind Big Bang. And I would return Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders to the lineup at 10pm.

FRIDAYS
8:00 (Jan) MacGyver/(Apr) Training Day
9:00 Hawaii Five-0
10:00 Blue Bloods
I would mostly leave Fridays alone but let MacGyver have a near uninterrupted run so that it gets off the air with a few weeks to spare and a late spring premiere for Training Day.

SUNDAYS
7:00 60 Minutes
8:00 NCIS: Los Angeles
9:00 Madam Secretary
10:00 Elementary
I guess I would leave Sundays alone. They'll be a mess in the spring at least from 9-11pm and Doubt seems like it could fit here, but why subject a new show to the night? If they want to make a change, do it in the fall when they have football.

CANCEL: Pure Genius

SAVE FOR SUMMER/FILLER: The Amazing Race

No comments:

Post a Comment